BRENHAM FD MAKES SMOKE CALLS

There were some tense moments Monday night as the Brenham Fire Department was called out to Memorial Hall at Blinn College for a report of smoke in the dormitory.

All occupants of the two-story building were evacuated before the Fire Department arrived.

Firefighters searched the building and found an electric motor had over heated in the first floor mechanical room that produced a strong smoke smell. There was no fire.

The breaker was shut off to the motor; fans were used to remove the smoke smell.

The residents were then allowed to return to the buiding.

 

The Brenham Fire Department was also called out early Tuesday morning  to a report of smoke in a second floor apartment at the Stone Hollow Apartment complex.

Firefighters found an electric water heater element shorted out due to water dripping from an ac unit located directly above the water heater.

The electric power was shut off to the water heater at the electrical distribution panel by turning the breaker off.

There was no fire. Light smoke was removed from the apartment with an electric fan..