BRENHAM HOME SUSTAINS DAMAGE AFTER KITCHEN FIRE

A Brenham house sustained heavy fire damage Thursday morning.

According to the Brenham Fire Department, they responded to the structure fire at 201 Lockett Street just after 9 a.m.

A neighbor contained the fire to the kitchen with a water hose. The fire was quickly extinguished.

Officials say there was heavy fire damage to the kitchen area and smoke damage throughout the home.

The occupant of the home reportedly left a pot on the stove and forgot about it, which started the fire.

There were no injuries reported in the fire.