The Blinn College Board of Trustees authorized College administrators to negotiate a construction manager at risk contract with Collier Construction for expanded classroom, office and student services space on the Bryan campus during its regular meeting Tuesday night.
The project is budgeted at $4.37 million and includes:
- Renovation of the campus Administration Building to house a campus president’s office, police department and other functions.
- Renovation of space in the Bookstore Building into multi-use space, a coffee shop and a student lounge.
- Upgrades to the Student Center to expand visual and performing arts use, as well as student activity and food service space.
- Renovation of the existing advising and counseling area in the Science Building for faculty and staff offices.
- Energy efficiency upgrades such as the replacement of light fixtures and ballasts.
Collier Construction was selected from four companies that submitted qualification statements.
In September, Blinn approved a five-year lease for a location in the Tejas Center at 3125 South Texas Ave., Suite 1900 in Bryan, that will create a one-stop student support services center featuring enrollment services, admissions and records, financial aid and testing. After those services move to the new location in March, Collier Construction will begin renovations to the Bryan campus, with completion anticipated in time for the Fall 2015 semester.
Story Courtesy of Blinn College