The Washington County Historical Commission will be recognized tomorrow (Tuesday) in commissioners court.
The commission will receive the 2018 Texas Historical Commission’s Distinguished Service Award. The award represents the local commission’s efforts in ongoing programs of history and preservation-related projects that enrich local communities.
Washington County Commissioners will also deal will several routine business items in their meeting tomorrow, including:
- Re-advertising for requests for proposals for inmate food services for the county jail.
- Right-of-way permit applications for Fourth of July parades in Chappell Hill and Independence.
- An inter-local agreement between the county and the Health and Human Services Commission for lease space at the Brenham Health and Service Center at 100 South Chappell Hill Street.
- Consideration of order for disbursement of salaries per Senate Bill 354.
- A formal utility installation for a road bore from Bluebonnet Electric Cooperative for Old Mill Creek Road for an underground electric line in Precinct Four.
- A series of monthly reports.
Commissioners will meet tomorrow morning at 9 a.m., at the Washington County Courthouse.