Presented by Main Street Brenham, the annual event celebrates the coming of fall by inviting the community to decorate downtown with a wide variety of colorful scarecrows.
Right at $1,300 in prizes will be awarded in nine categories this year, including the “Best Overall” prize of $300 sponsored by KTEX/KWHI. The other eight categories are:
- Most votes for $200, sponsored by Hermann Furniture.
- Judges Choice for $200, sponsored by Must Be Heaven.
- Best Fall Theme for $125, sponsored by Board and Brush.
- Most Creative for $125, sponsored by Scrubs N Stuff Boutique.
- Most Educational for $125, sponsored by The Book Nook.
- Silliest for $125, sponsored by The Pomegranate.
- The Cutest for $125, sponsored by The Canyon Chick.
- Honorable Mention for $125, sponsored by Branded Boutique.
After registration closes today, participants should have their scarecrows set up in downtown by next Friday, September 25th. Voting also begins on the 25th in sponsoring stores or online. Voting will continue through October 25th, with winners announced on October 27th.
To register, go online to http://downtownbrenham.com.