As the holidays continue, there are still plenty of events going on to celebrate the season this weekend.
Here are some of the events occurring in the area on Saturday:
- Burton: From noon until 4 p.m. at the Texas Cotton Gin Museum, the Burton Christmas Village and Tannenbaum Tour will offer tours, live music, and photos with Santa. Not to mention, there will be plenty of chances to do some shopping at the Krist Kindl Market at the Roy Winkler Family Pavilion.
- Chappell Hill: Starting at 10 a.m., the Chappell Hill Garden Club will host its Annual Christmas Home Tour. Attendees can visit five different properties, all decorated in Christmas splendor. There will also be entertainment from the Round Top Ruggers Rug Show, as well as the Houston Shimmer Flute Choir. Guests can get their tickets at the Bluebonnet House and Garden Center, at 5095 Main Street.
- Also in Chappell Hill: The Annual Teddy Bear Parade begins at 3:30 p.m. at the Rock Store, at 5070 Main Street. After the parade, Mr. and Mrs. Claus will be on hand. Mrs. Claus will host a story time, while Santa will take photos and listen to Christmas wishes.
- Caldwell: Downtown Caldwell’s Christmas on the Square celebration will feature plenty of activities for kids and adults alike, all beginning at 1 p.m. Kids can enjoy visits to the “Who House” and Grinch’s Lair, bounce houses, train rides, and an elf workshop. Adults will appreciate the Red and Green Chili Cook-off, lighted parade, holiday performances, and opportunities for shopping and eating.
- Hempstead: At the Hempstead Gazebo Park, the Annual Festival of Lights will look to light up the night. From 3 to 9 p.m., guests can look forward to a lighted evening parade, live entertainment, a tree decorating contest, vendors, and a visit from Santa.
- Ledbetter: The Ledbetter Community Center will be home to all kinds of local arts and crafts, as part of the Ledbetter Christmas Craft Bazaar. The Bazaar runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and will feature baked goods, ornaments, crocheted and quilted items, and much more. Also, the Ledbetter Lane of Lights takes place every Friday and Saturday evening through December 22nd. Santa will be there each night, and hayrides will go through a lighted path of Christmas lights.
- Fayetteville: Fayetteville’s Country Christmas will be taking place on and around the town square from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. There will be free horse-drawn carriage rides, a pet costume contest and pet blessing, and the opportunity to decorate Christmas ornaments. Santa will be arriving by fire truck at 4 p.m., with the lighted parade at 6 p.m.
Both Holly Ryder and Trail Boss Troy of KTEX-106 will be out and about this weekend. Holly Ryder will be in Chappell Hill for the Teddy Bear Parade, while Trail Boss Troy will be driving in Caldwell’s lighted parade and broadcasting live, from the friendly country cruiser.