Washington County could become the latest county to proclaim its support of Second Amendment rights.
Similar resolutions have been passed in dozens of counties, including Grimes and Waller Counties, which say their respective counties will not support or use government resources for the purpose of enforcing law that unconstitutionally infringes on citizens’ right to keep and bear arms.
Also in session Tuesday, commissioners will look at entering into a lease agreement with Bob Handley for a hangar at the Brenham Municipal Airport. The hangar will be used for Washington County EMS’s Aviation Department multi-mission helicopter.
Commissioners will also consider:
- Adoption of an order authorizing the issuance and sale of Washington County 2020 limited tax refunding bonds.
- Accepting a bid for administrative and engineering services related to the 2020 Texas County Transportation Infrastructure Fund, administered by TxDOT.
- Formal notice for utility installation on Koether Road by Industry Telephone Company, for an underground placement of telephone cable and inner duct in Precinct Four.
- Approval to renew the bond for Reserve Deputy Sheriff Steve Westbrook.
- Approval of the county investment policy, with no changes to the policy.
Commissioners will meet Tuesday morning at 9 a.m., at the Washington County Courthouse.