The anticipated Airfield Lighting Improvements Project at the Brenham Municipal Airport is scheduled to get underway next month.

The City of Brenham announced that construction start date has been scheduled for Tuesday, October 10.  The project is scheduled to last approximately six weeks.

The runway will close every weekday Monday thru Friday from 4am-2pm.  Each day at 2pm, the airport staff will inspect the runway and project work areas to ensure the airport is safe to reopen for aircraft operations.

Originally, the schedule would have had the runway closed from Monday at 7am to Friday at 11am for eight weeks. With the new schedule, it provides a daily window in which aircraft can operate and also reduces the number of days the runway will be closed.

Also, for the duration of the project, all airfield lighting will be out of service 24 hours a day. Night operations and operations during inclement weather will be prohibited.

The project was designed by KSA Engineers Incorporated, and B-C Company Incorporated of Forth Worth is the contractor.

The total cost of the project is $866,666 with 90% being paid by the Texas Department of Transportation, and the remaining 10% being paid by the City of Brenham.

All comments are moderated. We will not approve comments that:

• attack another poster or person
• demean public servants
• are political
• use curse words
• that are libelous or slanderous
• if we cannot confirm their validity
• that don’t add anything to the story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button