The Brenham City Council will swear new and existing councilmembers into office at its meeting tomorrow (Thursday).
After canvassing the election results Tuesday, the council will administer oaths of office and issue certificates of election to the winners of May 4th’s election. Those being sworn in are Mayor Milton Tate, Ward Two Councilmember Albert Wright, and new Ward Four Councilmember Adonna Saunders.
Councilmembers will also consider the election of a Mayor Pro Tem. The current Mayor Pro Tem is Ward Three Councilmember Andrew Ebel.
Also in session, the council will:
- Continue executive session discussion on “Project Hi-Speed”. The city is considering incentives for a possible business prospect to come to Brenham. The council will also discuss the purchase of property in the downtown area.
- Hold work session discussion on 2019-20 budget workshop dates and upcoming city council meeting dates.
- Discuss a bid for HVAC service and maintenance at various city facilities.
- Consider a contract for uniform rental services for various city departments.
- Discuss approval of an assignment and memo of lease with G3 Investments, LLC for hangar space at the Brenham Municipal Airport.
The council will meet tomorrow afternoon at 1 p.m., at City Hall.