The City of Brenham Development Services Department is adjusting its permit and inspection processes in hopes of aiding Brenham residents as they repair damages from last week’s winter storm.
The city is temporarily waiving all permit fees for repairs related to damages incurred during the storm, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and general building permit fees. Additionally, to help streamline the inspection process, contractors can email photos of the repairs to the building department for review and to satisfy the inspection process.
Development Services Director Stephanie Doland says the city aims to expedite repairs and move contractors quickly through repair approvals.
Permits for in-kind or like-for-like replacement will be automatically issued by the Development Services office, and can be issued at Brenham City Hall Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, contact Sarah Hill at 979-337-7220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doland said the Brenham City Council will discuss the length of the fee waiver at its meeting Thursday.
All photos of work to be inspected should include a permit number, property address, and contact information for the contractor or homeowner who completed the work. More information is available by contacting Allen Jacobs at 979-337-7214 or email@example.com.
All contractors pulling permits with the city are required to register and provide a copy of their license information and liability insurance. There is no cost to register. Click here for the City of Brenham Contractor registration form.
A contact list of licensed plumbers and irrigators who are registered with the city and have recently pulled permits is available below. Note that this list, compiled by the City of Brenham, is in alphabetical order and is not a reference list or a comprehensive list of all licensed professionals in the area. It is simply an attempt to provide property owners with a list of already registered contractors for those seeking a licensed plumber or irrigator.
- A1 Plumbing & Repair, JR Vasquez: 979-830-1877
- Compass Plumbing, Jason Rees: 979-481-1727
- Custom Plumbing, Donnie Johnson: 979-251-4224
- Dahlquist Plumbing, Danny Dahlquist: 979-830-3815
- Dynamic Drains, Austin Taylor: 979-530-5256
- Halbison Plumbing, Rheman Halbison: 281-330-8143
- Plumb Level, Walt Edmunds: 979-277-9993
- Sanford Plumbing, James Sanford: 281-330-8143
- Stegent Thielemann Plumbing, David Stegent: 979-836-9386
- Tim Bailey Plumbing, Timothy Bailey: 979-204-9800
- Texas Plumbing Solutions, Aaron Roshto: 979-251-7744
- Weider Plumbing, Edgar Martinez: 832-814-1053
- Wittner Plumbing, Rodney Wittner: 979-836-3700
Irrigators - for Lawn Irrigation Work only
- Glasco Irrigation: 979-836-7036
- Sunburst Irrigation, Oscar Aguilar: 979-836-2458.
- Texana Lawn & Landscape, Timothy Wilson: 979-551-0214
- Washington County Landscapes, Lucas Stroech: 979-451-0129