Brenham ISD students and faculty won’t have to wear a face mask after May 14th. The Brenham School Board voted at their meeting at noon Monday to make masks optional after May 14th. Voting against the proposal were Trustees Mark Schneider and Kelvin Raven who argued that all protocols should stay in place until the end of the school year. Brenham ISD COVID-19 Response Leader Jamie Woodall said the recommendation comes after consulting with Washington County Health Authority Dr. William Loesch and Washington County EMS:
Also, changing immediately is social distancing will be reduced from 6 feet to 3 feet and students and staff will only have to quarantine if they are showing symptoms.
Trustees also hired a new principal for the Brenham Early Childhood Learning Center. Jillian Wilke was approved as the new principal. Wilke has worked as an elementary assistant principal with Katy ISD and has also served in several positions with Deer Park and Sealy ISD.
In other action, trustees:
- Selected Dr. Michael Altman and Mark Schneider to the vote canvassing board. The voting from the May 1st election will be canvassed this Thursday at 12:00 noon at the Central Office. Jared Krenek will be a new face on the board after he defeated longtime trustee Melvin Ehlert and fellow challenger Christine Giese Saturday.
- Approved the selection of Reading Horizons as the elementary reading and spelling curriculum.
- Approved a resolution regarding the review of the investment program
- Authorized the addition of Superintendent Dr. Tylor Chaplin and the removal of Paul Aschenbeck and Nicole Porsche as representatives to the Lone Star Investment Pool.
- Heard an update on the 2021-2022 school budget
- Approved teacher contracts for the next school year.
Full Press Release on New ECLC Principal:
At today’s noon Board Meeting, the Brenham Independent School District Board of Trustees approved the appointment of Jillian Graham Wilke as the new principal for the Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC).
Prior to joining Brenham ISD, Mrs. Wilke has worked as an elementary assistant principal with Katy ISD, has served as a third grade teacher, department chair, team leader, self-contained and second grade inclusion teacher at Deer Park Independent School District, and lastly PPCD teacher at Sealy Independent School District.
"Mrs. Wilke is an excellent administrator and we are very excited to have her leading the ECLC campus," said Dr. Tylor Chaplin, Superintendent of Brenham ISD. We are certain she will be a valued member of the team and are confident that she will continue to lead the littlest Cubs to future educational success.
Her certifications include Principal, Special Education (K-12), Elementary Education (EC-4 generalist), English Second Language Supplemental (K-12), Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System, and Instructional Leadership Development.
"The opportunity to serve the children, families, faculty, and staff of the Brenham ECLC is an incredible honor. My professional experience in early childhood classrooms allows me to understand the significance of positively influencing the district’s youngest learners. My family and I are excited to become a part of the proud Brenham community!" said Wilke.
Mrs. Wilke has a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, Master’s of Science in Educational Management and is currently in the process of completing her Doctor of Education in Educational Administration.