WASHINGTON CO. COMMISSIONERS TO CONSIDER EXTENSION OF AGREEMENT TO RESTORE COURTHOUSE

  

Washington County Commissioners will consider amending and extending an agreement to give the Washington County Courthouse a facelift at their meeting Tuesday.

Commissioners will discuss an extension of the county’s agreement with Architexas, initially approved in March of 2018, to move into the second phase of the project.  It involves the restoration of the historic courthouse exterior and significant interior spaces, and also includes the rehabilitation of the remainder of the building and site to accommodate Washington County requirements.

The Texas Historical Commission’s (THC) Historic Courthouse Preservation Program Planning Grant, awarded in June, provides approximately 70 percent of the cost of these services on a reimbursable basis, with the owner providing the remaining 30 percent of the cost as the minimum local match.  A future third phase consisting of procurement and construction services may be authorized at the direction of the county for a mutually agreeable fee to be set at that time.

Also at Tuesday’s meeting, commissioners will consider a resolution to adopt design standards, specifications, and quality assurance requirements for projects under TxDOT’s County Transportation Infrastructure Fund (CTIF) program for 2020.  Upon approval of the resolution, the county would adopt TxDOT’s “standard specifications for construction and maintenance of highways, streets and bridges” and “roadway design manual” for projects under the program.

Also in court, commissioners will consider:

  • A formal notice from ETC Pipeline for a pipeline crossing on Sandtown Road in Precinct Four.
  • A subdivision variance request for a land division fronting FM 2502 in Precinct Four.
  • A subdivision variance request for a land division fronting Wildwood Road in Ledbetter in Precinct Four.
  • Approval of the Washington County Appraisal District’s budget for the 2020-21 year.

Commissioners will meet Tuesday morning at 9 a.m. at the Washington County Courthouse Annex.

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
1

One Comment

Back to top button
Close