Washington County Commissioners will act on a potential speed limit reduction on a prominent county road at its meeting Tuesday.
Commissioners will consider dropping the speed limit on Old Mill Creek Road between Highway 290 and Hohenwalde School Road in Precinct Four. The current limit is 60 mph, with area landowners proposing a drop to 40 mph.
County Judge John Durrenberger said Precinct Four Commissioner Joy Fuchs has been getting numerous requests to change the speed limit for safety reasons.
Durrenberger added that 75 percent of landowners in that area have already submitted and signed a petition asking to have the speed limit lowered.
Also in court, commissioners will seek approval of a service agreement with GenCore Candeo for Genesis PULSE hosting and site services. The agreement is for turn-by-turn routing software to assist emergency workers and public safety agencies.
This is just the approval of the software agreement, as commissioners previously approved the $17,500 purchase. The county used funding previously used for a different software system that turned out to be incompatible with the county’s Zuercher Public Safety software.
Commissioners will also look to approve a contract with Gessner Engineering for services at the site of the Road and Bridge facility under construction.
Commissioners will also:
- Consider suspension of the salary review committee until further notice. At its last meeting, commissioners went out for proposals for a wage study consultant. Durrenberger said a wage study hasn’t been conducted for the county since 2011, and there is no need for the committee while the consultant is performing the study.
- Discuss a sealed request for proposals for inmate food services for the Washington County Jail.
- Consider proclaiming May as Mental Health Awareness Month in the county.
- Look at formal notice for a utility installation for a 2-inch bore on Palestine Road in Precinct One, by Northeast Washington County Water Supply-Corix Utilities, Inc.
- Discuss a final plat for Woodland Farms Subdivision, located on South Meyersville Road and FM 1155 South in Chappell Hill in Precinct Two.
- Consider formal notice for a utility installation from Diversified Land Management (Seitel Data) for the following roads within Precinct Four: Bednar Lane, Boehnemann Road, Brandt Road, Brice Lane, Butts Dairy Lane, Century Farms Road, Dogwood Road, Eckermann Road, Fuchs Road, Gerland Wagner Road, Great Oak Circle, Greenvine Road, Grote Road, Harmon School Road, Hodde Road, Horak Road, Jaeger Road, Kieke Road, Latium Cemetery Road, Lomax Harmel Road, M & S Lane, Mayer Cemetery Road, Memory Lane, Muske Ullrich Road, Nixon Lake Road, Oevermann Road, Rolling Creek Road, Sacred Heart Road, Sawmill Road, Shortcut Road, Syler Kramer Road, Wickel Road, Willow Springs Road, Windale Road, and Winners Lane.
- Go over a series of monthly reports.
Commissioners will meet Tuesday morning at 9 a.m., at the Washington County Courthouse.