Beginning Friday a number of businesses can reopen across Texas, including bars, bowling alleys and aquariums at limited capacity. Restaurants can also increase to 50% capacity starting Friday.
According to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, starting Friday, bars can operate at 25% capacity under the strict health guidelines, including:
- Dancing and other close-contact interactions are discouraged.
- Interactive areas like arcade games should stay closed.
- Bars should seat customers at tables.
- Seated parties should have no more than 6 people per table, and tables should be socially distanced.
- Staff should block off the bar itself so customers can’t sit or order there.
- Bars should provide disposable menus and single-use condiments, silverware and glasses.
- The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission should make sure bars comply.
- If bars don’t follow these guidelines, the commission has the authority to suspend bars’ licenses.
Another round of reopenings will come May 31st, with youth summer camps to return, as well as certain professional sports without spectators, including basketball, baseball, football, golf and softball.