Washington County Commissioners will consider approval of a sales tax abatement for retail development planned on Highway 290 in Brenham at their meeting Tuesday.
At that meeting, members of the commercial real estate firm asked the county to participate in a sales tax reimbursement agreement. That agreement was entered into by the City of Brenham in January.
The abatement calls for reimbursing Baker Katz $6 million in sales taxes from its development, in the form of annual grant payments. Baker Katz’s Kenneth Katz said at the meeting if the county were to participate, it would contribute about $2 million compared to the city’s $4 million.
Also in court, commissioners will possibly approve a memo of agreement between Washington County EMS and Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – College Station. The agreement allows for EMS to be supplied with blood products used during patient transport.
According to EMS Director Kevin Deramus, this agreement is essentially the same one the county previously had with College Station Medical Center. The county pays for the products if they are used, and returns them if they are not.
The court will also consider a right-of-way permit for the Washington County Rotary Club Bike Ride. This year’s ride is scheduled for March 23rd, beginning at Brenham High School.
Commissioners will also consider:
- Action on Natural Gas Pipeline’s crossing of Old Mill Creek Road, Boehnemann Road, Adamek Road, and Beckermann Road, as proposed by AMP Intrastate Pipelines, LLC.
- Approval of the County Information Resources Agency Services Agreement for technology services from CIRA.
- Approval of the ACA Reporting and Tracking Service (2019) renewal confirmation program agreement.
- Authorizing the County Engineer to award the 2019 annual seal coat bid.
- Appointment of John Barton as co-chairman of the Washington County Historical Commission.
- Approval of a bond for Reserve Deputy Sheriff Damon Wegner.
- Action on a subdivision variance request for a land division on Spreen Road in Precinct 3.
- Approval of an amending plat for Zionsville Estates, a subdivision fronting Helm Road and Maass Road in Precinct 3.
- Approval of a series of monthly reports.
Commissioners will meet Tuesday morning at 9 a.m., at the Washington County Courthouse.